While everyone is out partying it up on the long three-day weekend, the dedicated staff here at the Bay Guardian will still take a break from the mayhem to bring you two hours of local music and lively, information talk during our bi-weekly Alternative Ink radio show from 6-8pm Sunday, May 25, on BFF.fm. UPDATE: Listen to the show here.
This week will be our special Holiday Party Edition, with the latest news from the recreational and dance-floor front lines, perhaps with a bit more slurring and profanity than usual — and if you’ve listened to us before, you know that’s really saying something.
Art Director Brooke Ginnard will be laying down the tracks and checking our levels, so to speak, while Editor-in-Chief Steven T. Jones, News Editor Rebecca Bowe, and Staff Writer Joe Fitzgerald Rodriguez provide the inside scoops and witty banter.
We’ll be talking about the so-called sharing economy and the big local fights brewing over Airbnb and the rideshare companies, city budget priorities that subsidize the rich and screw the average worker, how progressives on the Board of Supervisors have a new weapon against Mayor Ed Lee that could restore CleanPowerSF, and the chances that PG&E might blow up your San Francisco neighborhood. And whatever else springs to mind. So tune in or check back later to this post to listen to the audio link.
Most Commented On
- More racism from Greg - July 25, 2014
- Work on your reading comprehension - July 25, 2014
- Shut up, troll. - July 25, 2014
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - July 25, 2014
- defining political terms - July 25, 2014
- liberal vs conservative - July 25, 2014
- Families need healthy fields, not fake grass and used tires. - July 25, 2014
- Bizzzzzzz.... - July 25, 2014
- Marcos is just pissed that - July 25, 2014
- You honestly believe that? - July 25, 2014