There's an element of Disney buying Lucasfilm that hasn't made the news yet: The giant SoCal outfit is now inheriting Lucas's nifty annual tax break, cheating San Francisco out of property taxes worth about $60 million. See, part of what Disney gets is that shiny Lucas building in the Presidio -- a private office complex built in a national park. And since it's on federal land, not San Francisco land, Lucas doesn't pay the city property taxes.
Nice to know the rest of us working stiffs are helping Disney out.
Oh, and $4 billion for the entire Lucas empire? Disney got it cheap.
Most Commented On
- Sadder but wiser - March 11, 2014
- I heard a few guys turned into lesbians too. - March 11, 2014
- Guest, I hope that you are - March 11, 2014
- Please don't discourage burners. At present there is at least - March 11, 2014
- The best way to help WOC is to stop inventing PC labels for them - March 11, 2014
- Sad but true - March 11, 2014
- KIPpxoisrn - March 11, 2014
- Transmogrification - March 11, 2014
- As PT Barnum used to say, - March 11, 2014
- helping WOC - March 11, 2014