Today starting at 6:15pm you have an excellent chance to revel in the population demographic defined by Urban Dictionary as "a group of people who are blamed for all of the problems in the world." Yes, it's white males! And they're rich, too -- or at least they comandeer incredibly expensive toys. The chappies in question are the America's Cup skippers, who will be on display in the America's Cup Village (now open 10am-7pm Tuesday-Saturday) at Little Marina Green on Marina Boulevard.
There will be an official presentation of the rugged chaps, then a Q&A sesson and autograph signing. We must say, proof of sailing's populist appeal has never been more evident. For more skipper mugs, check out the Cup's "Sailor Faces" Facebook album.
Most Commented On
- Presidential mission - July 28, 2014
- Good to see SFBG adopting the "charity model" for helping those - July 28, 2014
- Where I was on the day President Kennedy was shot - July 28, 2014
- Best of the Bay 2013: BEST NORTH BEACH FRY BOMB - July 28, 2014
- Ain't nobody who can sing -- or bring the progressive fire -- - July 28, 2014
- whistleblowers - July 28, 2014
- Not a failure, but definitely - July 28, 2014
- Agree, there are too many people in SF now for one very clear - July 28, 2014
- Wrong again. My point wasn't that my definition of "fairness" is - July 28, 2014
- growth? - July 28, 2014