Okay, so maybe I'm a little biased because how often does a music video shoot take place in yours truly's little podunk hometown of Albany, California -- which is where the dollar-beer-covered racetrack glory that is Golden Gate Fields technically lies, friends, not Berkeley -- but this new Atmosphere video for the song "Kanye West," which the hip-hop duo premiered today on Noisey, does feel a little like a "spot the East Bay shooting location" rendition of Where's Waldo.
There's plenty else to like, though: That's also Oakland writer-superstar Chinaka Hodge in the role of leading lady, and local comedian/erstwhile Guardian opiner Nato Green as a scared-shitless corner store worker. Check it out below.
The duo's new album Southsiders drops May 6 on Rhymesayers; this song will also be on The Lake Nokomis Maxi Single, released exclusively on vinyl for Record Store Day (that's next Saturday, April 19, kiddos). They'll be in town in August for Outsidelands.
Most Commented On
- marcos, are you familiar with the role of a Whip? - July 31, 2014
- He has numbers. You do not, and nor do you have any - July 31, 2014
- Your home wasn't always a condo and so it would have been - July 31, 2014
- Clearly people want to live in the city because every new condo - July 31, 2014
- No, his point is that SF has a net deficit of 400,000 homes for - July 31, 2014
- Whatever their reasons for living in the suburbs, the reality is - July 31, 2014
- Perfect putdown. - July 31, 2014
- Why does it matter that people like you can no longer move here? - July 31, 2014
- The truth is not barbaric - July 31, 2014
- TieOXrvWKtKIXO - July 31, 2014