You can file this under: sure, why not? Spirited Thee Oh Sees frontperson John Dwyer has “inspired” a new custom pedal for Death By Audio, called Thee Fuzz Warr Overload.
The pedal is limited to 500, and so says Death by Audio, once they’re gone, they’re gone. The Brooklyn-based effects pedal company also put out a signature Ty Segall pedal (Sunshine Reverb) which sold out in a day.
Thee Fuzz Warr Overload is available now for pre-order on the Death by Audio site ($225, like whoa), and ships June 30.
I’ll let Death by Audio excitedly describe the pedal in all its fuzzy glory:
“This pedal is based on the super powerful circuit of the Fuzz War combined with a switchable hot-rodded treble boost. The Fuzz circuit controls include Gain, Level, Tone and the Boost circuit has a Level control. Combining these circuits unlocks new and virtually endless guitar tone possibilities. The specialized Tone knob allows you to sweep between rumbling low end, scooped out mid section and sizzling highs. The Gain knob can go from a smooth overdrive through distortion and up into uncharted territories. Thee Fuzz Warr Overload combines raucous fuzz and a killer treble boost to bring your sound to the next dimension.”
Here’s Dwyer demoing the pedal (plus a real cute turtle and some kids):
The next local Thee Oh Sees show is the Phono Del Sol fest July 13 in Potrero Del Sol Park ($25).
Most Commented On
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 29, 2014
- Burning the Man? Well, not exactly, at least not yet - July 29, 2014
- BXXwQUdWEH - July 28, 2014
- Growth potential - July 28, 2014
- bRCQAUuHtAsdAZ - July 28, 2014
- JxjOEJLdsOafMEKvX - July 28, 2014
- Deportation will help them - July 28, 2014
- Burning the Man? Well, not exactly, at least not yet - July 28, 2014
- illegally evict enough people - July 28, 2014
- Report details how brown and black communities are decimated, - July 28, 2014