We've been hearing a lot about the Night Light thanks to its hosting of quality local shows; in the past year there have been performances by Warm Soda, Burnt Ones, Religious Girls, Jaberi and Deutsch, and the like. This Saturday, to celebrate 12 months of life, the bar-venue is hosting a free party, and there'll be eight bands, seven DJs, and three comedians to check out throughout the night. Yes, all free.
First off, a little background. The Night Light is split-level Jack London Square area building with a bar on the bottom level, and a show venue up top. I'll let the flowery press release give you the rest: “The decor is influenced by Speakeasy era bars, with flocked velvet wall paper, leather couches, and a darkly stained interior. The alcohol inventory focuses heavily on providing a wide selection of whiskies, and the cocktail menu offers new twists on Prohibition fare.” Doesn't that cozy?
Here's the good stuff: to celebrate the one-year anniversary, owners Doug Kinsey and Johnny “Scobey” Nackley (see interview above) are offering all-night happy hour, and a complimentary midnight champagne toast – might as well be New Years.
The performances: DJs Delgado and Odiaka from Fresh Jamz and Miggy Stardust will spin downstairs, beginning at 7pm. In the venue section upstairs, there'll be sets by live bands Clipd Beaks, Spaceburn, Mahgeetah, Bam! Bam!, Old and Gray, Frankie and the Aztecs, Lessons, and Tastyville; DJs Protoghost, Inti Inti, and Rick Moranis (aw, nice to see that name again, even it's in a different context), along with live comedy by Clark O'Kane, Joey Devine, and Sean Keane.
Most Commented On
- Because Latterman is a - December 10, 2013
- Supply of housing is - December 10, 2013
- Excellent point - SFBG only knows demonized caricature of tech.. - December 10, 2013
- Supply and Demand denial is - December 10, 2013
- Unions kill creativity, work ethic, and freedom... - December 10, 2013
- Poll Results - December 10, 2013
- Lawl, you really think the PR - December 10, 2013
- One problem with activists in - December 10, 2013
- The funny thing is that the - December 10, 2013
- "That Google hasn't refuted - December 10, 2013