San Francisco's wunderkind "Trumpet Kid" on the musical education he's gained from playing in the city streets
SFBG Amen. Are you tight with other street musicians downtown? Are there turf wars?
GA No, we all have a lot of respect for each other. It's whoever gets there first. But if someone ever really wanted me to move, that wouldn't be [a big deal].
SFBG How much do you make on a given day?
GA It really depends. Anywhere from a penny to $100. It's all going to help fund my career: paying for costumes, music videos, etc.
SFBG Any big projects coming up?
GA Well, I'm excited that I just signed with Journey's manager. And I'm going to be playing the 2015 Super Bowl halftime show in Arizona. And I met someone who wants to make a movie about me, called "Swaggy." (I'm Swaggy.) So yeah, it should be a fun year.
Most Commented On
- Small Business Awards 2013: La Victoria Bakery - July 28, 2014
- Here's your gentrification-eviction-displacement electro theme - July 28, 2014
- Hey Guest /Anonymous, there are way more negative comments - July 28, 2014
- Tenant Judith Barrett is - July 28, 2014
- The funny part about that is - July 28, 2014
- He's also famous for his - July 28, 2014
- People, let's all get along - July 28, 2014
- Yes, I forget this is personal for him - July 28, 2014
- Marcos is a renowned Middle East and housing expert - July 28, 2014
- Self-appointed expert Marcos - July 28, 2014