So excited to hear Edu again. Valencian hero of Spanish techno, he added some much-needed swing to the Berlin sound of the late 2000s with the classic ""El Baile Alema" (along with another Spanish favorite, Coyu). He easily slips crowds under his spell.
Sat/26, 10pm-late, $10. Audio, 316 11th St., SF. www.audiosf.com
6TH BOROUGH PROJECT
Craig Smith and Graeme Clark (a.k.a. The Revenge) are quality re-edit hypnotists from the UK, introducing new audiences to very deep soulful disco, Latin funk, and deliciously strange grooves via their quick-handed cut-and-pastes.
Sat/26, 9:30pm-3am, $10–$15. Monarch, 101 Sixth St, SF. www.monarchsf.com
FELIX DA HOUSECAT
The sweet, eccentric Chicagoan may still be revered here mostly for his sassy electroclash output in the early 2000s, but he really does have banging house running through his veins. With the funky pastiche-master Todd Edwards and Australian Tornado Wallace (whose beard rivals our own Jason Kendig's).
Sat/26, 9pm-late, $15–$20. Mezzanine, 444 Jessie, SF. www.mezzaninesf.com
Kenny Dope and Mr. V's beloved NYC party debuts in SF — and will surely show us some masters at work, bopping from soulful house to disco classics, funky hip-hop to Latin jazz and beyond.
Sat/26, 10pm-late, $15–$20. Mighty, 119 Utah, SF. www.mighty119.com
Most Commented On
- rElzPacXAL - July 31, 2014
- XOBnrkqANUIVqf - July 31, 2014
- Robyn + Röyskopp + Pride = lots and lots of glitter - July 31, 2014
- One Lorde to rule them all: An evening at the Fox with one - July 31, 2014
- Bill would tax companies with wide CEO-worker pay disparities - July 31, 2014
- Refugee children crossing the border for a better life - July 31, 2014
- The city population stays about the same - July 31, 2014
- How to survive as an artist in SF's 'new economy' - July 31, 2014
- Barbie gets a makeover, San Francisco-style - July 31, 2014
- I went to college with some of them in the 80's - July 31, 2014