It's only April, but The Raid 2 is the action movie of the year
The collaborators, who have an easygoing rapport, have conflicting memories when it comes to filming the sloppy prison brawl — though they agree it was far and away the least fun scene to shoot. (Evans: "We shot that for eight days straight." Uwais: "Eight days? It was 10 days." Evans: "The guys were caked in mud all day." Uwais: "From 6am to 5pm." Evans: "More like, 4pm." Uwais: "5pm!" Evans: "Ok, 5pm!")
As The Raid 2 prepares to open wide, Evans is ramping up plans for the third film in the trilogy. "Whereas The Raid 2 starts like two hours after The Raid finishes, The Raid 3 starts three hours before The Raid 2 finishes," he revealed. "So there's a scene toward the end where a certain group makes a decision on something, and part three's gonna follow the consequences of those actions. The Raid 3 is going to be way more streamlined than part two [which runs 148 minutes], and it's going to be an homage to certain styles of cinema that I love that I really want to try and play with."
And yes, there's an American Raid remake in the works. When asked "Whyyyy?", Evans was ready with an answer. "I've been a huge fan of Asian cinema ever since I was a kid, and I used to have that same feeling: 'Oh my god, they can't remake that!' But in this case, nothing takes the original away. If anything, people who see the remake might get introduced to the original now, because they didn't know it existed before."
THE RAID 2 opened Fri/4 in Bay Area theaters.
- We don't need a shit ton of condos - August 20, 2014
- Why sf why not San Jose? - August 20, 2014
- The Performant: Epochalypse Now - August 20, 2014
- Projections - August 20, 2014
- Rep. Speier calls for federal accreditation reform, citing CCSF - August 20, 2014
- Twitter tax break beneficiary Zendesk launches app to help the - August 20, 2014
- mbv4-ever - August 20, 2014
- Ed Lie's support is less than - August 20, 2014
- Didn't Ronald Reagan say that - August 7, 2014
- Except that they've not been - August 7, 2014