Pack your overnight bag, we’re going to Napa! It’ll be fun, we promise
Ca' Momi's blazing pizza oven cranks out about 20 kinds of pizza, from a classic (and certified) margherita to the Momi, with porchetta, taleggio, and caramelized onion. If the carbonara with egg and pancetta isn't a perfect brunch pizza, I don't know what is. Plus there are nine kinds of vegetarian pies for those on a healthier tip. If you're in a lunchy mood, the pastas rock, like a northern Italian dish of spatzle allo speck with cream, or the decidedly Roman rigatoni con coda alla vaccinara (with oxtail, pinenuts, and soffrito). For dessert, get the bigné — cream puffs with a variety of fillings.
From there? Check out wine tasting rooms like Vintner's Collective, 1313 Main, and Carpe Diem. The Culinary Institute of America is offering new Napa wine education classes at the CIA Wine Studies Annex in the former Copia, listed on www.localwineevents.com. Oh yeah, and there are always the Napa Premium Outlets if you're in a shopping frame of mind. (Dangerous after wine tasting, btw).
Most Commented On
- I disagree. It's a "taking" if a government passes laws that can - March 10, 2014
- Apparently her family is already suing and so the system is - March 10, 2014
- discrimination means pretty much anything now - March 10, 2014
- It is not the government's responsibility - March 10, 2014
- Commercial & Personal Insurance are Different - March 10, 2014
- Follow up To 'One Size Won't Fit All' - March 10, 2014
- Can't Fix Homelessness With One Size Fits All - March 10, 2014
- Wrong. Americans never got to vote on George the Third. - March 10, 2014
- soleILhTPkjB - March 10, 2014
- All drivers have to have liability cover regardless - March 10, 2014