Washed Out's Ernest Greene on stepping out from behind the computer
The first half of 2014 will see Washed Out touring nearly non-stop, including an appearance at Coachella. He's ready for it. He's energized by Paracosm, with its warm, lush instrumentation, its constructed sense of escapism — the album's title itself refers to the concept of a fantasy world. That correlates heavily with the newer record's vibrant visual art, he says, as opposed to the stark white design of 2011's Within & Without.
"This newer stuff is a lot more vibrant-feeling, so the colors seem to suit it well," he says. "It's all about the music. That will lead the way most of the time."
Jan 28-29, 8pm $25
1805 Geary, SF
Most Commented On
- DurYgLBDMRXvZnBtY - July 31, 2014
- WYSjDnAaZrqOot - July 31, 2014
- Fake grass at Beach Chalet means Polo Fields will get it next - July 31, 2014
- are you agreeing with yourself? - July 31, 2014
- If the definition of - July 31, 2014
- The bond is unrestricted and - July 31, 2014
- Hey idiot (Joe) - July 31, 2014
- Refugee children crossing the border for a better life - July 31, 2014
- The city population stays about the same - July 31, 2014
- I went to college with some of them in the 80's - July 31, 2014