Washed Out's Ernest Greene on stepping out from behind the computer
The first half of 2014 will see Washed Out touring nearly non-stop, including an appearance at Coachella. He's ready for it. He's energized by Paracosm, with its warm, lush instrumentation, its constructed sense of escapism — the album's title itself refers to the concept of a fantasy world. That correlates heavily with the newer record's vibrant visual art, he says, as opposed to the stark white design of 2011's Within & Without.
"This newer stuff is a lot more vibrant-feeling, so the colors seem to suit it well," he says. "It's all about the music. That will lead the way most of the time."
Jan 28-29, 8pm $25
1805 Geary, SF
Most Commented On
- Like I said, Jym - April 17, 2014
- Amazing spell caster - April 17, 2014
- Re: Hey, Greg, you used my line. - April 17, 2014
- grow up - April 17, 2014
- Exactly, the one quorum that absolutely cannot be trusted are - April 17, 2014
- LOL, are you saying that "Jym" isn't really your first name? - April 17, 2014
- They can't afford $2? - April 17, 2014
- Muni is effectively free since it is massively subsidized - April 17, 2014
- But we pay those city workers either way, and - April 17, 2014
- You do know that you are - April 17, 2014