Tu Lan returns, while pierogi appear in the Mission and Chocolate Lab sweetens up Dogpatch.
YOU GOTTA EAT THIS
Mmmm, carrot cake. It's definitely one way to eat your vegetables. Out in the Dogpatch is Michael and Jacky Recchiuti's Chocolate Lab (801 22nd St., SF. www.chocolatelabsf.com), a stylish little café that is well-suited for lunch, or brunch, or an afternoon snack, or dinner for that matter. Yeah, it just works. And while Recchiuti is known for his local chocolate empire, the carrot cake is definitely worth checking out. It's not too sweet or dense, and for a twist, he adds a layer of milk chocolate mousse made with crème fraîche for a little tangy touch, plus there's a white chocolate frosting. Carrot cake for chocolate lovers!
Most Commented On
- great idea - December 10, 2013
- I'm looking forward to even - December 10, 2013
- BART To Mt. View - December 10, 2013
- Maybe You Can Have An Actor Play The Landlord Next - December 10, 2013
- For me the best part is how - December 10, 2013
- Transit first: We need more - December 10, 2013
- Don't leave out the - December 10, 2013
- mangicspell - December 10, 2013
- The corporatist shill and - December 10, 2013
- Somebody Said Daddy? - December 10, 2013